What is Feng Shui and how it helps you?
Feng Shui is a Chinese practice that is based on the concept that what where we live is the mirror of what is happening inside us. The Chinese work Feng means Wind while the word Shui means Water. As per the Chinese believes the movement of wind and water determines the health and wealth of a household. It is believed that if you take care of a few practices, good Feng Shui will come to your home. It can come in many forms like good health, better career, good love life and much more.
By carefully considering the placement of the household items like sofa etc. and by choosing right balancing items like Feng Shui plant, the energy in the house is maintained. There are many reasons for choosing right plants for your house. Indoor plants not only provide good energy but also bring happiness and prosperity in the house. Even science says that houseplants can make you feel calm and energetic.
How to choose Feng Shui plants?
There is a misconception that the lucky bamboo plant is the only Feng Shui plant available. However, in reality, there are main nine plants described in the Feng Shui practices other than the bamboo.
· Peace lily: This plant grows very easily in both indoor and outdoor environment. It does not need direct sunlight and artificial light can also help it in the proper growth.
· Palm: Palm plant can remove harmful chemicals like xylene and formaldehyde from the room. It is best suited in colorful décor. The plant has the power to activate the missing Feng Shui elements.
· English ivy: The Ivy plant can remove benzene which is found in household plastic items as well as formaldehyde from the room. It works as a poison killer and helps you to be in good health.
· Spider plant: It is a beautiful hanging plant that can remove carbon monoxide, xylene, and formaldehyde from the room. It works best in the rooms where you burn fire like kitchen or fireplace.
· Philodendron: The heart-shaped leaves of this plant are a symbol of the fire element. It is believed that this plant can bring life to the dark and cold area in your house.
· Ficus: In Feng Shui, this plant is considered as one of the best options as a room divider. This plant can remove harmful chemicals like ammonia, xylene, and formaldehyde from the air.
· Rubber plant: This plant is a great symbol of wealth, good fortune, and abundance. It works well in every part of your house.
· Boston fern: This hanging plant brings positivity to the house.
· African violet: The leaves of this plant look like coins. It is believed that this plant brings wealth and prosperity in the house.
How to maintain Feng Shui plants?
· The Feng Shui plants are effective only if you keep then in good health. The following tips will help you taking good care of your indoor plants.
· Every plant needs some light source. In case the plants inside your house have no access to sunlight, get a UV lamp or light up the room every once in a while.
· It is important not to overwater the plants. As you keep them inside the house, the evaporation level will be very low.
· Keep the pots clean and remove dead leaves as soon as possible.
Do’s and don’ts of the placement of Feng Shui plants
Feng Shui plants work perfectly in East, Southwest, and South direction. You can also place them in the entry hall, living room, dining room, underneath beams, home office and Peach blossom area. However, you should not place the Feng Shui plant in the center of the house, southwest, northeast, northwest, bedroom, and restroom. Also, you should not place large plants in the kitchen.
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that was developed by our ancestors by observing the effects of elements in our daily life. Feng Shui plants and objects along with right placement of the household items can bring luck, prosperity, and wealth in the house. It is always good to consult a Feng Shui expert before choosing the right objects and plants for your house. Alternatively, you can also take help from the online communities as well.